Valerie Orozco

I'm a white looking Mexican who loves Chinese food. ^.^

Friday, January 30, 2015

Dr. Ben Carson


Ben Carson

·     Born in the  slums of Detroit, in deep poverty
·     His mother and father divorced
·     His mother came from a family of 24 children
·     His mother couldn’t read
·     His mother raised ben and his brother, Curtis
·     Ben was the worst student in his grade school class
·     Ben becomes top student in his school

·     Ben becomes a world renowned doctor


Student Success Statement

“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it.”

Dr. Ben Carson 



People don’t just simply choose whether they want to be in poverty. Sometimes it just happens without them knowing. Now of course you can choose to get out of it, but not choose to let it happen to you. Some people may not want to be in poverty, and are working had to get out of it, but how much would that help; especially with kids. In my family we had welfare for a while when my father left my mother. We didn’t stay on it forever. Yes, people have a choice. It just all depends on your situation and if the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment