Valerie Orozco

I'm a white looking Mexican who loves Chinese food. ^.^

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Veterans Day


Veterans Day

History facts: World War I ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919. However, fighting ceased seven months earlier when a temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month; November 11. For that reason, November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.” In November 1919, President Wilson proclaimed November 11 to be a day filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory.




I have an uncle, my mother’s, half sister’s husband, who served at first to pay off his college classes, then later joined once again to pay for the wonderful home he and my aunt bought together. I don’t see them often so I am not as close to them as I am with my mother’s brother, my godfather. I know if he were to join I would extremely upset, and worried because as it is we have a very special bond and it would sadden me.



No comments:

Post a Comment