Valerie Orozco

I'm a white looking Mexican who loves Chinese food. ^.^

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Psychiatrist


Psychiatrist
Duties and responsibilities:
Psychiatrists are physician who specialize in the problems of mental illness. As psychiatrists they are licensed to use a wide variety of treatment sand may write prescription. Psychiatrists may work for the government have their own private practice or work in hospitals, clinics, or universities.  Their duties include:
·         Designing treatment programs
·         Conducting psychotherapy session
·         Prescribing potent mental illness drugs
·         Supervising electrotherapy treatments
·         Conducting research
·         Leading a team of mental health care providers
Average salary: $90,000-$200,000
Educational requirements: bachelors, masters, Ph.D. degrees
In addition to completing the requirements for a degree, in allopathic or osteopathic medicine psychiatrists must complete an intensive three year residency in psychiatry.
I might want to be a psychiatrist in the future as a career but I wouldn’t only because if I’m in the middle of a session with someone and they begin talking about their feelings, I might get reminded of my own problems and such and become upset and I don’t want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment